Now that the weather is beginning to warm up (or is supposed to) its time to get those bulky sweaters and turtle necks out of that closet. Before you discard any of those old worn unwanted pieces remember your "trash" is someone elses "treasure. Well due to the current increase of consignment shops your "trash" will bring you extra "treasures". Consignment shops and resale stores will buy your rejects and dish out the cash if they deem them worthy. Here are a few tips on what to do:
- Call the shop before hand to make sure the item or items you are discarding will be accepted (some stores take only high end items while others will take lower end pieces).
- Be sure to ask about pricing policies (but remember the buyer knows the market)
- Only bring items that are clean (unstained) and not terribly worn.
- Most importantly be PRESENT when your items are being appraised.
Here are few consignment shops in both NYC and Upstate NY:
- Plato's Closet - www.platoscloset.com - 818 Central Ave # 2, Albany, NY - (518) 459-3104
- Worth RepeatingYour Consignment Shop Serving the Capital District 123 Saratoga Rd Ste 1, Schenectady, NY 12302 email@example.com (518) 384-0946Liz's Closet(518) 452-1001 1762 Western Ave Albany, NY 12203
New York City
- Second Time Around 262 Mott Street (between Prince and Houston streets); 212-965-8415 New York, NY
- Encore 1132 Madison Avenue (between 84th and 85th streets), 2nd and 3rd Floor, New York; 212-879-2850
- Tokio 7 83 East 7th Street (between First and Second avenues); 212-353-8443 Brooklyn, NY