Thursday, April 28, 2011

Summer Beauty Tips




There are some crucial components that all women must remember for the Summer:


  • Hands

  • Feet

  • Sunscreen

  • Radiant Glow

In this post I will give you some of my must haves that I swear by to get me Summer ready.


Priced at $9, this super rich, all-natural hand cream is made with sweet almond oil and vitamin E to moisturize dry skin and beeswax to help seal and protect your hands. I use this cream on my hands every morning and after every hand wash.



Priced at $9, this natural foot cream combines coconut oil, lanolin, vegetable glycerin and a hint of rosemary and peppermint to revive and rejuvenate even the driest, most neglected feet. I use this creme every night after I shower and I follow it up with a pair of spa socks. Cracked feet are a definite NO, NO.



Your next major component is SUNSCREEN. Many African American Women have been told that do not need to wear sunblock because of skin pigmentation. This is completely false and I learned the hard way (while on a trip in Maine). Not only can African American Women burn but repeated sun exposure with no sunscreen can cause permanent skin damage. Be sure that the SPF is at least 15. The higher the SPF the more protection you receive. Here is a tip for black women: be sure to get a sheer sunscreen otherwise you will have white residue left behind.

AVEENO Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray with SPF 70 and Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick are excellent for the Summer.



Carol's Daughter has the ultimate body moisturizing spa set in the best scent on the planet "Almond Cookie". This is another one of my products that I adore. Priced at $70 the Spa Set includes the Almond Cookie Sea Salt Scrub, Almond Cookie Body Cleansing Gel, Almond Cookie Bath & Body Oil and Almond Cookie Shea Souffle.



Remember Lovies....Fashion is a way of life and it includes HEAD to TOE greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment